Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Quick Update


Wow it's hard to believe that it's been so long since I posted. Still, I made a promise to myself when I got into blogging that I wouldn't make it something to stress out on, just to enjoy. It's been a rough week. I haven't really spoken with many people outside of the immediate family about this, but I have been wrestling with some significant health issues for some time now. My body just hasn't recovered from the blood infection, and now we are worried that I am having a neurological or auto-immune response (May not even be related to the blood infection). Muscle weakness, twitching, trouble swallowing... yeah scary stuff.


It's ironic that this is coming to a head rolling into my tenth anniversary celebration with Amaryllis. I've committed to myself that hell (sorry Mom) or high water, I am going to enjoy the special moment with my wife. It's amazing to think that I have spent a third of my life with the same person. I can remember lasting three weeks with my first girlfriend (bonus points for any of you out there who remember her... double bonus points if you can spell her name properly :) ). When you start growing together its amazing how little you can imagine being apart. I remember the first time I every saw her, wet hair, sunburned, gringo Portuguese (well mine never got that good).


I asked her to marry me overlooking Bear Lake, near Garden City, Utah. It was Easter Sunday. No eggs, no basket, yet it was certainly one of the best ones I've ever celebrated.

3 comments:

Jessalee said...

I think you might be a tad bit more sentimental then my sister. I hope you are not having too much difficulty with this new health trouble of yours. If I forget on the 24th...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Amaryllis said...

I love you!! I am ready for the next 10!

Travis and Jan said...

I can still remember the first time you brought her home to introduce her to the family. I told your mom later that night that you were going to marry Amaryllis. Amaryllis you have been a beautiful, wonderful, addition to the family and I am looking forward to see how close you two grow over the next ten years.

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!
Pai