Saturday, June 7, 2008

One of those weird days...

I spent a good chunk of the day tinkering with the 4Runner. Thankfully, pretty much everything was solved with a good cleaning of the terminals and a new battery. There are still a couple of things I would like to sort out, but that brings me into the realm of electrical systems, and there is some voodoo even I won't mess with.

After that, the whole family went over to a friends house to help them build a retaining wall in the garden as a surprise for his wife (Someday sweety...). The kids had a ball playing in their yard, and Kate petted a bald spot on their cats. The wall turned out pretty sharp. He is a surveyor/civil engineer, and his son has just about finished up his civil engineering degree. We put in a rounded corner as opposed to a square one, and his son trimmed the capstone with a masonry saw so it all fitted together beautifully. Not so handy, I was manual labor...

It was a beautiful day, we got a lot done, and were feeling pretty good about the world. Amaryllis popped off to the store, and called me while she was in line. Our niece is in the hospital right now with some type of stomach problem that is causing her both to vomit and have diarrhea (thank goodness for spellcheck, I never get that one right) at the same time. I hope everything works out. She's a precocious little gal, and life is tough enough when you're three. After that, Amaryllis told me that an acquaintance of hers fell off a ladder while helping paint a house, and is now in a coma. Don't think this would be a good time to read the news.

No comments: