Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fun Times

My brother rolls into town today. The nutter crossed the US is 2.5 days, and I'm pretty sure there is nothing coursing through his veins but Red Bull and sugar. This will be my first real road trip with him. I wish we had time to do more of a linger longer, but mom is not doing well in the hospital. Not sure how our presence is going to change that, but I know that Grandma is worn out and just wants us there.

I think we're going to take the Highway 14 so we can can catch the beautiful view from the top of the mountain (You can see Devil's Tower on a clear day.). I'll have to check though because it might be snowing up top. Extracurricular activities with my brother can be interesting to say the least. He's the type of kid that gets excited by high places, no trespassing signs, and things that go boom. Contrary to what you may have seen on Myth Busters, even though a compressed air cylinder won't explode when you shoot it, a cylinder of pure oxygen when using a metal tipped round will. I must also offer my sincere apologies to a couple of Public Works Directors... I understand now. I truly, truly do.

It's going to be interesting closing out Mom's apartment, if that's what she wants to do. That is the one thing we need from her is a decision. That's probably going to the most difficult part of this trip. I don't think there's going to be a right answer that satisfies everyone, but we can't keep doing this.

No comments: